We are conducting a study on language, learning, and brain development in young children! In this longitudinal study, we are tracking children as they learn to read by testing them once a year. We are using brain activity to better understand how children learn to read and hear in challenging listening environments like noisy classrooms.
- Monolingual 3 and 4 year olds who do not have a history of seizures, autism spectrum disorders, or hearing loss
- Hearing screening
- Participate in games testing cognitive, memory, and pre-reading abilities
- Play a drum as part of our rhythm investigation
- Perform perceptual and attention tasks using an Ipad and computer
- Watch movies while having brainwaves monitored by safe, completely non-invasive sensors
- Get paid $10 an hour for their time
- Own a uniquely-designed lab t-shirt upon completing the study
- Free hearing screening
- Learn about science along the way – we love to field lots of questions from curious children and adults
- Know that you helped discover ways to better target speech and reading assistance to children who need it
Ready to watch a movie!